Did you know that the insurance industry in the UK is worth £30 billion to the UK economy?
With over 310,000 employees in the country, the insurance industry is growing and top companies, like BRIT insurance, are constantly looking for talented young people that can make a difference and bring new ideas to the world of insurance!!
Starting in May 2022, young people in the UK, aged 11-18, will have a chance to showcase their skills and talents, by taking part in the GT Scholars x BRIT Insurance Digital Challenge!
The GT Scholars x Brit Insurance digital challenges have been designed by GT Scholars and Brit Insurance, to give you a chance to:
- Learn about the world of insurance, and find out how you can be part of a fast-paced, global and ever-changing industry
- Gain online work experience to boost your employability skills
- Gain valuable skills which you can add to your CV or personal statement
- Download your certificate of completion after you’ve completed all five challenges
- Solve real life scenarios and challenges that have been designed by industry experts
- Use and apply your knowledge and skills in Mathematics, Literacy, Science, and Geography as well as your Research, Presentation and Entrepreneurial skills!
- Pitch your business improvement ideas to the CEO of BRIT Insurance.
We’ll give you all the guidance & resources you need to help you through each challenge. Each online challenge can be completed at school or at home in your own time.
Finalists will also be invited to a career insight day at the Brit insurance head office in Central London, with travel expenses covered for you and up to two family members.
We also have a total of £3000 in prizes to be distributed to winners and their nominated schools! 15 young people will win £100 each, and the top 3 schools will get £500 each!
In order to receive your Certificate of Completion and be considered for the finals, you’ll need to complete all five challenges by Friday 22nd July 2022.
Update: Please note that the challenge submission deadline has been extended to Wednesday 27th July 2022
Your Course Creator
This course is brought to you by GT Scholars. Our mission is to empower the next generation of leaders and change makers across the globe, aged 11-18. Our tutoring, mentoring and career insight programmes help our scholars discover their strengths, develop their mindsets and ultimately design their own futures. Subscribe to the newsletter to find out more about our online programmes: https://gtscholars.org/subscribe
StartChallenge information for Challenge 2: Understanding Risk
StartVideo instructions for Challenge 2 (4.31)
StartGlossary and Keywords
StartVideo for scenario 1: Private Client (1.16)
StartVideo for scenario 2: Contingency - Event Cancellation (1.46)
StartVideo for scenario 3: Marine Cargo (2.02)
StartSubmit your answer for Challenge 2